SILICON VALLEY COMIC CON 2017 ADDS PUBLIC OUTDOOR FESTIVAL
SAN JOSE, Calif. — Feb. 23, 2017 — Silicon Valley Comic Con (SVCC), Steve Wozniak’s pop culture and technology expo taking place the weekend of April 21-23, today announced it will include an outdoor festival at the Plaza de Cesar Chavez across from the San Jose Convention Center.
Open to the public, the outdoor festival will feature:
- Two-day Science Fair focused on “Save the Planet” in honor of Earth Day (Saturday) and “Technology of the Future” (Sunday) featuring robotics and space travel
- Educational and interactive displays from Children’s Discovery Museum, NASA and more
- Outdoor stage for speakers, product demos and brand activations
- Canine Cosplay Contest presented by DogVacay
- Car cosplay displays
- Beer garden and winery
- Essentia Water stations, SVCC’s official water sponsor
- Food trucks
- Movie screenings
“After packing the convention center last year, we needed the room!” said Steve Wozniak, founder of SVCC. “By popular demand SVCC 2.0 will include food trucks, a beer and wine garden, evening movie screenings and more. But, we’re doing it a little differently too - how many outdoor festivals or comic cons include a science fair? Having the outdoor festival be open to the public was our way to thank San Jose for being such a great home for our show.”
Just this month, a handful of new, high-profile guests were also added to SVCC’s 2017 lineup, including:
- John Cusack of “Being John Malkovich,” “High Fidelity” and “Sixteen Candles”
- Pam Grier of “Foxy Brown” fame
- Tory Belleci and Kari Byron of “Mythbusters” and “White Rabbit Project”
- Drew Struzan, artist behind 150+ movie posters including “Star Wars,” “Indiana Jones” and “Back to the Future” making his first-ever comic con guest appearance
These new guests join the stellar lineup of those already announced, including: the 30th anniversary cast reunion of “Star Trek: The Next Generation,” William Shatner, Buzz Aldrin, Steven Yeun of “The Walking Dead” and Robert Englund “Nightmare on Elm Street.”
The inaugural SVCC broke records, becoming the biggest fan expo to take place in Northern California while generating $12.5 million of revenue for the city and surrounding businesses throughout the three-day show. For 2017, SVCC will also be expanding to surrounding locations, including the City National Civic and South Hall.
Sponsorship opportunities are still available. For more information, email email@example.com.
For more information on the outdoor festival, guests and to purchase tickets, visit: www.svcomiccon.com.
ABOUT SILICON VALLEY COMIC CON
Silicon Valley Comic Con celebrates the Age of the Geek by bringing together America’s two greatest superheroes: pop culture and technology. Featuring top celebrities, comics, independent artists, cosplay, video game creators, consumer electronics, music and apps, Silicon Valley Comic Con is where entertainment and our electronic worlds intersect. The second annual Silicon Valley Comic Con will be hosted at the San Jose Convention Center in San Jose, CA the weekend of April 21-23, 2017.
PRESS ASSETS & MEDIA REGISTRATION: www.svcomiccon.com/press
PR for SVCC