SVCC 2017 Call for Panels
Do you have a panel idea that you would like to present at SVCC 2017? To submit your idea, fill out the form below! If you are interested in submitting content to be screened, please complete the Screening Submission Form.
Submission deadline is 9:00 PM PT on Friday, March 3rd, 2017. However, since we will begin selecting panels from applications immediately, early submissions will have a greater chance of being selected!
SVCC celebrates the Age of the Geek by bringing together America’s two greatest superheroes: Pop Culture and Technology. Beyond the traditional comic con programming content (fan panels, performances, Q&As, workshops, product demos, live video/podcast tapings, VFX showcases, and more), we’re also looking for submissions tied to our 2017 programming theme: “THE FUTURE OF HUMANITY: WHERE WILL WE BE IN 2075?
We’re looking for the brightest, most creative minds in entertainment, science and technology to share their ideas for the future. Will we be living on Mars? Spending our lives in virtual reality? Commuting in flying cars? Implanting computers in our brains? Engineering our DNA? In contact with aliens? Or, will we be serving our robot overlords? Comics, books, games and movies have imagined exciting and terrifying futures - what do you think will actually happen?
- Space Travel: Where To Next, How and When?
- Extraterrestrial Human Life: Colonizing Mars, Space Manufacturing, Tourism…
- Game Icons Past, Present & Future: Next-Next-Next-Next Gen Gaming
- Augmenting Reality: Gimmick or the Future?
- Smart Homes: We Want Rosie! When Can We Move into the Jetson’s House?
- Jetpacks, Hoverboards, Flying Cars: Commuting in the Future
- The Bionic Woman or Iron Man: Robotics and Human Augmentation
- Renewable Future: Green Energy & Sustainability for the Future
- Beam Me Up! Physics of Teleportation
- X-Men: Future or Fiction? Can We Unlock Superpowers through DNA Engineering?
- Galactic Senate & United Planet Federations: Alien Alliance How-To Guide
- Man vs Machines: Tips for Avoiding The Matrix and Skynet
The review committee will use your application as an indicator of the time and care you will put into preparing your panel, so please take the time to make sure your application is as clear and as awesome as you can make it. This extra effort will help maximize your panel’s chances of being selected.
Be sure to identify what makes your panel unique and why fans would want to attend your session. This application registers your request to host a panel at SVCC 2017, but does not guarantee you a panel slot.